Level 3 - Full Servicing
Any bike will benefit from a proper 'deep' service at least once a year.
On the Level 3 course we dismantle various parts of the bike as follows:
- Overview of tools. Using tools efficiently. Applying correct torques.
- Gear adjustment: we revise Level 2
- Pedals, installing, removing
- Crank arm and chain ring removal and installing.
- Bottom bracket removal and fitting
- Chains: removing, fitting, getting the correct length and cleaning
- Rear sprocket removal and fitting
- Wheel hub adjustments
- Headset servicing, A-
Head and threaded
- Wheel truing and replacing spokes
- Diagnosing problems – squeaks and creaks